Nepal is the most beautiful and stunning Himalayan country in the world.Nepal, the country of high Himalayas, majestic mountains, strange wildlife and diverse cultures is a world in itself. Nepal is a mountainous country in the world which is covered by beautiful snowcapped mountains and green hills in the north-west-east and beautiful green terrains in the south. About 80 percent of the land is occupied by the snowcapped mountains and beautiful hills. Nepal is richest county in the world in terms of its bio-diversity and unique geographical position. The lowest elevation of the country starts from 60 meters above the sea level and the highest point of the earth is the Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world, at 8,848 meters. Due to the geographical variation there are thick tropical jungles with wealth of wildlife, thundering rivers, forested hills and frozen valleys.
In Nepal, there are numbers of ethnic groups and sub-groups that speak over 70 languages and dialects and celebrate nemours annual festivals and customs.
Geographically, culturally and traditionally Nepal is perfect place to offer tourists multiple attractive travel packages, including trekking, sightseeing, jungle safari, hiking, rafting and many other adventure trips.Nepal occupied only 0.1 percent of the earth. It is the home of one percent of all flowering plants in the world; eight percent of birds in the world (more than 848 species); four percent of mammals on earth. There are more than 500 species of butterflies, 600 indigenous plant families and 319 species of exotic orchids.
Location: Situated between India and Tibet, an autonomous region of the people's republic of China.
1. Latitude: 26* 22' and 30* 27' North
2. Longitude: 80* 4' and 88* 12' East
Area: 147,181 sq.kms
Time Zone: 5 hours 45minutes ahead of GMT.
People: Nepal has more than 100 ethnic groups and over 125 spoken languages
Population: About 26 million
Population growth rate: 2.25 per annum
Currency: Nepali Rupees (approximately US$ 1 equal to 70)
Language: Nepali is the national language however travels trade people understand and speak English as Well.
Political System: Multiparty Democracy System
Topography: From the world's deepest gorge “kali- Gandaki to highest point on earth” the Everest.
Vegetation: Nepal possesses wide range of vegetation due to its unique topographical variation.
Weather: Climate ranges from tropical in the low lands to arctic in higher altitudes.
Season: Nepal has four major season:-
1) winter (December – February)
2)spring (March - May)
3)summer (June – August)
4)Autumn ( September – November)
Nepal can visited whole year around.
What to wear: Light weight cloth is recommended for May through October, warm garment are required In October – March, An umbrella or raincoat is must for the rainy season.
Monsoon: Mostly rains day and night, making following days crispy clean and fresh. Most of the Northern belt of the trans- Himalayan zone is rain shadowed and ideal for trekking especially such as Upper Mustang, Dolpo, Manaslu, Around Annapurna etc.
Political System: Nepal was declared a Federal Democratic Republic state on May 28, 2008, during the first meeting of the Constituent Assembly. It was previously a multiparty democracy since 1990
National flower: Red Rhododendron (Laligurash)
National Animal: Cow
National Bird: Dafe (Impeyan Pheasant)
World Heritage Site (Cultural): 1, Kathmandu Durbar Square
4, Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
6, Patan Durbar Square
7, Bhaktapur Durbar Square
World Heritage site (Natural): 1, Sagarmatha National Park (Everest Region)
2,Royal Chitwan National Park.
Many people have said about Nepal.
The country of Mount Everest, Roof top of the world, Top Eight highest mountain and 240 peaks exceeding 6094 meters, land of living Goddess, Melting pot of Hinduism and Buddhism, Country of non-stop festivals, Himalayan pilgrimage, "The wildest dreams of Kew" Nature's amphitheatre, heat of Shangri-la, land of yak and yeti, living cultural museum of the world, anthropological treasure land, ecologists dreamland.
* As per the size the country possess one of the highest concentration and distribution of bio-diversity
* Land of the living goddess
* The country of Mount Everest
* Himalayas pilgrimage
* Land of brave Gorkhas
* Glory of Asia 's Past
* Ultimate Destination pf Mysticism & Exoticism.
* City of Golden Pagodas & Parasols.
* Birth place of Janaki
* Land of Eight- Thousanders
* Land of 1047 Lamas tries and Monasteries
* Country of Hidden valley and crystals Mountains
* Birth place of Apostle of Peace- Lord Buddha
* Living cultural museum of the world
* A city which has one of the largest concentration of Buddhist Icons & shrines
* Abodes of multitude of Gods and Goddess.
* Only country partciping Mahayana/Bajrayana Tantrik Buddhism.
* Anthropological Treasure Land .
* Only country still practicing Bonpo - Pre Buddhistic Spiritism.
* Country of Tharus wearing richest tribal jewellery comprising 32 items weighting seven kgs.
* The country of as many temples as many houses, as many gods and as many peoples.
* The country which has more festivals than days of the year.
* Only cherry that flowers winter.
* Some of the world's highest village.
* 91 plants that are named after Nepal (Nepalence)
* Ecologist' dreamland
* And a country of high Mountains consisting 240 peaks exceeding 6094 meters
* Melting pot of Hinduism & Buddhism
* country of non stop festivals
* The wildest dreams of kew.
* Nature's Amphitheatre.
* Roof or the world
* Land of Yak & Yeti